Dear Parent or Guardian
The Summer HAF programme starts on the 24th July and there are lots of great activities happening over the school holidays. Children and young people, from reception to age 16 (including year 11 leavers), who are eligible for benefits related free school meals, will be able to access hundreds of activities throughout the summer holidays including specific provision available for children with SEND or additional needs, at no cost. There’s a great range of activities across the city including boxing, football, music, dance, cycling, cooking, discos, films, basketball, arts and crafts, drama, bbq’s, water games, trips out and much more! Every day there will be a range of fabulous meals available with many schemes holding family events as well.
To find out where your nearest scheme and all the details of what is on click on this link – https://merseyplay.com/summer-haf-holiday-activities-food-2023/ or visit www.Merseyplay.com and click on the Summer HAF link.
When you have chosen an activity, you will need to contact that organisation to book a place. Each organisation will have either a telephone number, email address or online booking system. If your child has any additional needs or dietary requirements then please discuss this with the organisation when you book. There is no central booking system so please read the details of the programmes on the website and ring the providers directly.
- If you want to know how to register or how to check if your child is eligible for free school meals then please click on the link https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals
- You will need your national insurance number or an asylum seekers support number.
- If you are struggling with the cost of living then please click: https://www.liverpool.gov.uk/cost-of-living/
- If you’re more than 10 weeks pregnant or have a child under 4, you may be entitled to get help to buy healthy food and milk. Click on the link to find out how to register https://www.healthystart.nhs.uk/
- If your child is not eligible for benefits related free school meals you may be eligible for support with childcare costs – https://www.gov.uk/childcare-calculator
Liverpool City Council is working with Mersey Play Action Council, Sutton Croft and the local schools, voluntary and community organisations, and childcare providers to deliver the Summer HAF programme. The programme is funded by the Department for Education.
The Liverpool Family Information and SEND Directory also provides a wealth of useful information and support for families – LFISD.
Sally Dobbing – HAF Project Manager