PE & Sport Premium Funding
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. This funding must be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer.
We use the premium to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that we already offer;
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
There are 5 key indicators that we should expect to see improvement across:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school;
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement;
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport;
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils;
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
As part of the funding criteria we are required to publish details of how we plan to spend the monies and a review of the impact on pupil outcomes.
Resources: PE & Sport Premium
Just click a button below to View any document, you will then have the option to Download or Print the file. You can access all of our policies and reports on the website. Please contact the school if you would like any paper versions of our documents.